Powerful antibiotics for treatment of diarrhea
● Gentamicin is an antibiotics belonging to the aminoglycoside group. It has a broad spectrum bactericidal action against a large number of pathogenic Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria like Staphylococci, Streptococci, E. coli, Salmonella, Pasteurella and Proteus spp. Futhermore gentamicin may be active against bacteria, which are resistant to other aminoglycoside antibiotics(like Neomycin, Streptomycin, Kanamycin, etc.).
● After intramuscular administration, within 30 to 60 minutes maximum serum concentrations are obtained(the serum half-life value is 1 to 4 hours.) Gentamicin is excreted mainy by the kidneys, resulting in high concentrations of the active compound in the urine.
Composition: Each mL contains Gentamicin Sulfate ............. 50mg(Potency)
Indications: For the treatment of diseases (urogenital, respiratory, skin, tissue, uterus and gastrointestinal infections) caused by pathogens sensitive to gentamicin.
- Cattle : Mastitis, Endometritis, Cystitis, Nephritis, Pneumonia, Dermatitis, Shipping fever and Diarrhea
- Swine : Diarrhea, Swine dysentery, Pneumonia, Atrophic rhinitis and Enteritis
- Poultry : C.R.D., C.C.R.D, Infectious coryza, Enteritis, Diarrhea, Staphylococcosis, Septicemia and other bacterial infections.
- Cats and Dogs : Cystitis, Nephritis and Peritonitis.
Administration & Dosage:
By intramuscular, subcutaneous or slow intravenous injection
- Horses, Cattles, Buffaloes : 8mL per 100kg of body weight
- Foals, Calves, Swine : 4mL per 50kg of body weight
- Piglets, Dogs, Cats, Poultry : 0.5mL per 5kg of body weight
By intra-uterine application
- Horses(only during estrus, Acute metritis, Chronic metritis) : 8mL
- Cattle : 4mL
※ Recommended twice on the first day, half a dose every 12 hours from second day.
Withdrawal period: - Cattle, swine : 40 days. - Poultry : 35 days. - Milk : 72 hours
Package: Vials of 50mL & 100mL