Broad spectrum antibacterials
Characteristics: ● Synergic antibacterial combination(Sulfamethoxazole+Trimethoprim) produces a strong anti-infectious action in blocking the development of multiplicating germs in the body of treated animals.
● Sulfamethoxazole blocks the use of p-aminobenzoic acid, which is essential for the multiplication of the germ : this affects the synthesis of hydrofolic acid and stops the growth of the bacteria. This bacteriostatic effect reduces the pathogenicity of the infection and permits to the natural body to overcome the infectious state.
● Trimethoprim likewise blocks the transformation of folic acid already present in the body fluid and increases further the bacteriostatic effect of the sulfamethoxazole(synergism). This principle calls for a double stage blockage of the essential building process of the bacteria, resulting in many cases in bactericidal action.
● After parenteral application, maximum therapeutic blood levels are reached within 2 hours and maintained for about 20 hours.
Composition: Each mL contains
Sulfamethoxazole .................. 200mg
Trimethoprim ..................... 40mg
Indications: - For the treatment of infectious disease, like respiratory infections and urogenital infections caused by pathogens (e.g. Staphylococci, Streptococci, E. coli, Klebsiella, Hemophilus, Salmonella, Shigella, Proteus, Bordetella) susceptible to Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim.
Administration & Dosage: By intramuscular injection once in a day for 3~5 days.
- Large animals : 2mL per 30kg of bodyweight.
- Small animals : 2mL per 20kg of bodyweight.
※ In case of severe infection, the above mentioned doses may be doubled and eventually repeated after 24 hours.
- Meat : 14 days.
- Milk : 7 days.
Package: Vials of 50mL & 100mL